What Does Potassium do For the body?

What Does Potassium do For the body?

Potassium is basically a mineral and is also an electrolyte that helps to build your muscle, workout for muscle and also regulate your breathing and heartbeat. Potassium plays an important role in your body, you can get potassium only when you maintain a healthy diet. Potassium is an essential macrominerals. The minimum requirement of potassium is 100 milligrams for the body and you have to include in your body because it is the key processes to support the body. Let us discuss and find answers on what does potassium do for the body? There are so many dos of potassium, firstly it helps in the decrease of stroke, protects the muscles mass and they are the key factor in the reduction of kidney stone formation.

Important functions of potassium that helps you keep your blood pressure lower, overall it reduces the intake risk of mortality around 30 % percent. The main function that potassium does in our body, it includes the fluid balance and it controls the electrical action in the heart and nerve system. In this article, we are going to brief what all functions of potassium how they are protected to our body.

Here You Can Take a Glance of What Does Potassium do for the Body

  • Firstly, Potassium Helps to Control Balance of Fluid Particles

The entire body is made up of 60% water approx. Remaining 40 % of the water you can find the cells of a substance known as intracellular fluid and also you can find water outside the area of the cell in spinal fluid and that fluid is named as extracellular fluid. Potassium helps in to keep electrolyte balance in the body. You have to balance both electrolyte and potassium to get fluid balance because they play a major role in optimal health. If you maintain less fluid that may cause dehydration that will affect the kidney and heart. Make a habit of eating a rich-potassium diet that helps you to keep fluid balance.

  • Potassium helps to regulate heart contractions and gain the muscle works

When the nervous system is get charged and they help to regulate the muscle contractions in the body. However, potassium level crosses the limit in the body that will affect the nerve signals and it may lead to weakening muscles. You have to maintain a very low potassium level that can make an effect of muscle contractions. Altered levels may lead to muscle weakness and also you can feel irregular heartbeat sensation in your heart.

  • Potassium helps in reduce your Blood pressure

One-third of the people are getting affected by blood pressure. If you can get a potassium-rich diet that may control your blood pressure and, in your body, they remove sodium.

Hope the article has covered all the points on what does potassium do for the body. Thanks for reading our article.

pradeep

Pradeep international recognized Diet specialist and author of several publications on Diet & Nutrition. Pradeep is a regular contributor to online article sites on the topics of Cooking, Drinking, Food, Diet & Nutrition.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *